Thursday, January 22, 2015

Weather Wild

Why is it that any change in weather makes kids crazy?  I don't even have a window in my classroom for them to be reminded of the change in weather.  Today was filled with a lot more questions, like "Miss, can I punch Diego?"  "Miss, why?"  "Miss, you are mad, huh?" "Miss, why do we have to do this?"  "But Miss, Hugo is my best friend. Why can't I sit next to him? Is it because you think we will talk too much and be annoying?"

And no, I wasn't mad.  I was more firm, though, because without being so the management level in the classroom would have been a z-e-r-o.

But hey, it's middle school.  And it's also the middle of a desert, so when it snows, things are bound to get a little crazy.
Snow in the desert.  Taken from elpasotimes.com
The up side?  We had just finished up on the water cycle last class, and precipitation was one of our words.  This let the kids see and use their vocabulary words in action.

The double up side?  2-hour delays tomorrow. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment