Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Mrs. Draper

I teach special education.  It is the best thing I have ever done with my life.  It is the absolute hardest and most heart-wrenching thing I have ever done with my life.  Isn't that how it goes?

Currently, I teach the special ed science courses at a middle school in New Mexico. We only have 7th and 8th grade at this school, and a constant source of wonder is what happens to these kids during the summer between these two years?  My seventh graders are sweet and innocent.  They leave for two months and come back as 8th-grade monsters!  (Young, fun monsters, but monsters all the same.)

What else?  I graduated from BYU.  Someday I'll get my masters (all in good time . . . I did just finish my bachelors).  I like hiking.  I love weekends and holidays more than the kids do, and I especially love delayed starts and cancelled days more than them.  But I love teaching.  That's about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment